- Publicat: 08 Ianuarie 2017 08 Ianuarie 2017
- Ultima actualizare: 26 Ianuarie 2017 26 Ianuarie 2017
PRESENTATION FOR THE FACULTY OF LEGAL, ECONOMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE SCIENCES CRAIOVA
Faculty of Legal, Economic and Administrative Sciences – Craiova with its Bachelor study programs – Law, Public Administration, Local Police, Accounting and Business Data Processing, Finance and Banking, Management, is a component of Spiru Haret University within Romania de Maine Foundation, an accredited university as a higher education institution, part of the national education system, by Act 443 on 5 July 2002, published in the Official Gazette no. 491 on 9 July 2002.
The Faculty was established in 2015 by merging the two Faculties operating within the University Centre Craiova of Spiru Haret University of Bucharest, namely the Faculty of Financial and Accounting Management and the Faculty of Law and Public Administration.
The establishment of the two Faculties is part of our efforts meant to restart the private higher education in our country, under the new criteria required by the joining of the Romanian society into the transition process, from the old social order to a new type of society.
Faculty of Legal, Economic and Administrative Sciences – Craiova within Spiru Haret University of Bucharest operates in the new structure (3 – 2 – 3, bachelor – master and PhD), in compliance with the stipulations of the Act 288/2004, with the bachelor study programs in Law in the field of Law, Public Administration in the field of Administrative Sciences, Local Police in the field of Administrative Sciences, Accounting and Business Data Processing in the field of Accounting, Finance and Banking in the field of Finance, Management in the field of Management and the master study programs in Criminal Sciences and Forensics in the field of Law, Accounting - Audit in the public and private sectors in the field of Accounting and Finance and European Public Administration in the field of Finance.
Currently, the Faculty provides courses of 3-4 years (180-240 credits) for the modes of study full time – IF, part time – IFR and long distance – ID, in compliance with Act 1/2011.
- Mission and objectives
The Faculty has assumed its mission to turn students into specialists with a superior training in the fields of law, public administration, accounting, finance and management, in line with:
- International standard classification of the professions in the International Labor Office ;
- The Classification of the Occupations in Romania;
- The new criteria of the Romanian society reconstruction triggered by the old type of society to the advanced and contemporary society.
The derived goal and main objectives of the Faculty are below:
1. training of the specialists needed to maintain and develop the fields of study within the national system of research;
2. training of the specialists required to extend, develop and increase the quality level of the economic education, at all the levels and hierarchy steps of the national education systems;
3. instruction of attorneys and economists, specialists in the fields of law, public administration, accounting, finance and management;
4. harmonization of the professional training and of the competences of the graduates with the ECTS standards in order to promote the mobility and recognition of the diplomas in the European space, after the accession of Romanian into the EU.
In order to reach the goal and the objectives, the Faculty aims to provide an organic relation between the theoretical, methodological preparation and the ability to capitalize on the training of the students, in the various activity fields in the social system.
Faculty of Legal, Economic and Administrative Sciences – Craiova intends to prepare the students so as they become highly qualified specialists, competent in the analysis, interpretation, explanation and formulation of proposals and solutions and scientific and practical solving of the economic issues at the micro-, macro- and mondoeconomic levels.
- The organizational and functional structure
Faculty of Legal, Economic and Administrative Sciences – Craiova includes six study programs: Law in the field of Law, Public Administration in the field of Administrative Sciences, Local Police in the field of Administrative Sciences, Accounting and Business Data Processing in the field of Accounting, Finance and Banking in the field of Finance, Management in the field of Management.
The Faculty features two departments – Department of Economic Sciences and the Department of Legal and Administrative Sciences, which are grouping the academia in the two profiles.
The Faculty currently organizes:
- Bachelor studies of 3-4 years (180-240 credits);
- Master studies (cycle II of studies, for 2/4 semesters);
- The psycho-pedagogical program for the teaching career.
The Faculty has three modes of study: full time – IF, part time – IFR and long distance – ID.
The management of the teaching activities are done through the executive structures and positions, namely the Faculty Board, the Councils of Departments, Dean, Vice-dean and the Department Directors. The Faculty structure also includes the administrative and technical services, secretarial, maintenance and treasury.
- The education content and process
Both the content and the education process are subordinated to the major exigencies of providing consistency and purposefulness in line with the mission, objectives and the finality of the bachelor and master studies at this Faculty. The ‚Curriculum’, included in the course descriptions, complies with the current development stage of the economic sciences and is designed to conform with the criteria of the national and international economic and social dynamics, as well as with the various categories of beneficiaries and the realities of the labor market.
The strategies of learning, the basic methods and techniques and the training of students that the Faculty academia use are in line with the present didactics of higher education.
Upon their graduation, the students will receive:
- Bachelor Diploma and Supplement to Diploma, relevant for the study program;
- Master Diploma and Supplement to Diploma;
- Graduation Certificate for the cycle I of studies, in the Program of preparing for the teaching profession of the graduates who wish to also work in the primary or secondary schols.
Integration possibilities into the professional life, after graduation
Depending on the study programs graduated, the Faculty alumni can obtain employment in specialty positions:
- Units of research, fundamental or applied, of the science academies, universities, representatives of the ministers, national agencies, county and municipality councils, corporations and economic enterprises, etc, for the graduates of the bachelor, master and doctoral studies.
- The primary and secondary school (if the 30-credit cycle I of the Program of training for didactics is completed) or high school or higher education (if they students have graduated from a master study program and the 30-credit cycle II in the Program of training for didactics);
- Public or private economic units, industrial, agricultural, of transport, commercial, social services,
- Courts, tribunals, prosecutor’s offices, attorney-at-law, notary public, in compliance with the current legislation;
- Central, zonal, county, local public administration;
The bachelor study program in Law trains students to be specialists in the legal field, who will have the opportunity to be employed as magistrates (judges or prosecutors), attorneys, notaries public, court officers, researchers, teachers, court auxiliary staff (court clerks, archivists, etc). Similarly, the law graduates can occupy positions as legal advisors, referents, program coordinators and others requiring legal knowledge.
The study program in Public Administration trains students to be specialists in the field of central and local public administration who will have the opportunity to be employed as project manager, public administration counsellor, public administration expert, legislation harmonization counsellor, public administration inspector, public administration referent, public administration consultant, development agent, public regulator or administrator.
The graduates of the major in Local Police can be employed as local/community policeman, office assistant, community development facilitator, public administrator, public administration counsellor, public administration consultant, public administration expert, inspector in the public administration or administrative secretary.
The graduates of the study program in Accounting and Business data processing can fill positions such as counsellor/expert/inspector/referent/economist in the economic management, analyst, finance-accounting referent, accountant, budget accountant, internal auditor, financial controller, financial administrator, financial-banking accountant, financial-banking counsellor, accounting controller, censor, management auditor, budget consultant, economist inspector, bank officer, etc.
The graduates of the study program in Finance and Banking can be employed as specialists in the financial-banking system, economists in other fields, agents in the financial and commercial activity, brokers and exchange officers, insurance agents, real estate agents, experts in evaluating goods and auction assistants, agents in the financial and commercial activity in other fields of the national economy, inspectors and financial agents, customs and borders inspectors, tax and fee inspectors, pension and social insurance inspectors.
The study program in Management gives the students the possibility to be employed as management consultante, project manager, marketing manager, food safety manager, turism management, general manager, financial manager, pharmacy manager, project manager in public-private partnership, social enterprise managfer, innovation manager, banking manager, supply manager, risk management officer, environment management officer, quality management officer, cultural organization manager, acquisitions manager, etc.